Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Catching up...


It seems like time has just gotten away from me the past few days - I can't believe it's Wednesday already! Pat and John and a couple of guys from the dojo drove up to Ocala this past weekend to attend a seminar given by Soke Koze Kuniba from Japan. They really enjoyed it, although Pat said it was somewhat frustrating because Soke would speak in what he though was fluent English, but in reality, nobody had a clue what he was saying! LOL! Other than that and a cold shoulder from one of the instructors, they had a great time. Here's Pat with Soke...



John was so fired up from the seminar, that he asked me to take a few photos with his new sword. Having just built a backdrop last week, we put it up and went to work. The backdrop kept falling over! Guess we need to do some re-inforcing... Here's the result of our photoshoot...

There's more, but you get the idea...

Then yesterday I did my daily photo for my Project 365. Pat has been bugging me to do some "sexy" pictures, but I've been resisting. So, I went outside my comfort zone to shoot a self portrait for the Self-Portrait Tuesday group and here's what I came up with... kind of a prelude to Valentine's Day. I'm not all that great in photoshop, but I managed to add a filter to the photo to make it look more artistic. I think my friends on Flickr who follow my photostream were left a bit speechless! LOL! It's not my usual style. I think I'm getting the hang of taking a self-portrait, although I really would love to get a wireless remote.


Oh and I almost forgot! While the guys were out of town for the weekend, I went to the Fakahatchee Strand boardwalk in hopes of finding some wildlife to photograph and I managed to get an awesome shot of this Red Shouldered Hawk:

Pretty cool, huh? Well I hope you are all having a decent week. I'm off to figure out what to photograph next...

1 comment:

  1. I'm cracking myself up right now (maybe the couple of beers I've had tonight). Your kiss me photo makes for a perfect wallpaper on my laptop, but I don't think the wife would like it too much..

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Leave some love or just say hi...